Job Title: Program Officer – Clean Energy
Location: Ranchi (other cities of Jharkhand)
(with occasional travel to other areas on need basis)
Reporting person: Head – Renewable Energy Program, CEED
This role is required to initiate, conduct and execute research based projects and provide analytical and policy reports related support to Renewable Energy under Energy Programme/Just Transition Programme, and further help Campaign team on developing long-term plans & strategies in Jharkhand. Moreover, this position will also lend support to Head-Renewable Energy, and other programs relevant at Hindi heartland (namely state of Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Bihar and Jharkhand) and provide research, policy and legislative insights, and regularly update and advise to Senior Management of the organisation including Director-Program and CEO.
- Provide technical research support to various energy programmes on issues related to Renewable Energy & Power sector and Just Transition scenarios
- Conduct field survey to gather primary data as well as secondary data/literature review and prepare quality reports for circulating at government and public level
- Undertaking basic modelling exercises to outline alternative scenarios for resource efficiency and energy security
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, networks and alliances to develop issue-position, strategies and intervention plans for various energy programmes.
- Initiate, develop and maintain relationships with energy departments and agencies of the State government in Bihar and Jharkhand.
- Identify and implement research with various research tools from time to time in the domain of Energy. Provide technical expertise to field teams for data collection.
- Responsible for reviewing large amounts of data and analysing the information using a variety of software tools and methodologies and travel to various sites (as required basis) to collect information, interview stakeholders in government and private sector
- Be pro-active in researching and pitching ideas, maintaining connections with policy makers, government agencies and media contacts
- Support in collating knowledge about major policy reform processes, and identify opportunities for the team to provide inputs to the processes, consultations and measures.
- Develop an understanding and basic issue expertise to be able to represent the organisation in external forums (e.g. government agencies, research think-tanks, CSOs and Media).
- Develop ideas and tactics that are relevant to the issues and utilise the various skills /capacities in a optimum manner to leverage the success of the program/campaign
- Leverage the knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques and experiences of various approaches like data visualisation and computational skills
- Effectively engage and communicate project objectives and benefits to relevant stakeholders, such as government officials, distribution companies, regulatory bodies and community members, for their buy-in and approval;
- Applicants must have a Masters’ degree in a relevant field of Energy /Power/Electrical Engineering/Management or Energy Economics from a reputed institute;
- Demonstrable experience in documentation, producing high quality project reports, policy papers,
- Must be adept in advanced MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel skills. Prior experience in use of analytical/statistical tools like MATLAB/ STATA/ R/ Python is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience, in the area of Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy/Solar sector in a government agency, industry or private or non-profit sector;
- Experience of networking with Government Departments/agencies, industries & business associations, research institutions working in the energy sector is desirable.
- Sound understanding of renewable energy scenario in India, including aspects of energy economics, utilities, demand side management, clean energy & power sector, technical and regulatory aspects of energy efficiency, ESCO markets and demand aggregation;
- Strategic thinking, project management, attention to detail, problem-solving;
- Ability to work proactively and independently and collaborate with a distributed team of professionals, including consultants and matrixed staff;
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Willingness to travel both within Jharkhand and outside the state;
Salary is negotiable and at par with the Industry.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their latest Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and writing samples/research articles/publications (in one PDF) to email@example.com with ‘Application to the Program Officer – Clean Energy post’ in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by us.