Job Title: Program Officer – Clean Air
Location: Ranchi (other cities of Jharkhand)
(with occasional travel to other areas on need basis)
Reporting person: Director-Programs, CEED
This role is required to initiate, conduct and execute program activities under the existing projects and provide analytical and policy reports related support to Clean Air Programme, and further help Campaign team on developing long-term plans & strategies in Jharkhand. Moreover, this position will also lend support to other programs relevant at Hindi heartland (namely state of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Delhi and Jharkhand) and provide research, policy and legislative insights, and regularly update and advise to Senior Management of the organisation including the CEO.
- Conceptualise innovative ideas and program activities and execute events, meetings, and other stakeholder engagement activities for the successful and effective implementation of the projects
- Conduct research / review and techno-economic assessment related to clean air/ air pollution control, etc and prepare knowledge papers, white papers, policy notes, presentations and other relevant documents.
- Network, engage and manage project-related partnerships with a range of stakeholders, including relevant government organisations, research organisations, industries, CSO partners, etc.
- Take the lead in organising stakeholder consultation workshops and meetings with industries, associations, and other stakeholders and
- Represent CEED at public forums and communicate the organisation’s vision, success stories effectively to the outside world;
- Track the development of national as well as global environment policies/conferences/negotiations which are aimed at air pollution/mitigation measures;
- Conduct basic modelling exercises and develop spreadsheet-based tools on different clean air scenarios and their impact on the environment in the form of air pollutants;
- Work closely with the program lead for the successful implementation of clean air projects and supporting other activities delegated by the supervisor, from time to time.
- Provide support for any other related work, as necessary.
- Applicants must have a Masters’ degree in Environmental Sciences /Engineering or in a relevant field such as Development Studies/Public Policy from a reputed institute with good grades;
- Demonstrable experience in documentation, producing high quality project reports, white papers/ policy papers, etc.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the area of clean air and sustainable environment, air pollution monitoring, data collection and analysis in government dept / private / non-profit sector;
- At least two years of experience of networking, organising and coordinating meetings/stakeholder consultations with government departments/agencies/urban local bodies, industries associations working on air and environment related activities, research institutions and policy makers is desirable.
- Sound understanding of National Clean Air Program, Clean Air Action Plan, Source Apportionment, Emission Inventory, Carrying and air pollution modelling, mitigation strategies and technologies.
- Strategic thinking, project management, attention to detail, problem-solving;
- Ability to work proactively and independently and collaborate with a distributed team of professionals, including consultants and matrixed staff;
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English and Hindi;
- Willingness to travel both within Jharkhand and outside the state
Salary is negotiable and at par with the Industry.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their latest Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and writing samples/research articles/publications (in one PDF) to email@example.com with ‘Application to the Program Officer – Clean Air post’ in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by us.