Job Title: Outreach & Public Engagement Coordinator
Location: Ranchi (other cities in Jharkhand)
(with occasional travel to other areas on need basis)
Reporting person: Director-Programs, CEED
This role is required to initiate, conduct and execute outreach, communication and public engagement activities under the existing projects and provide mobilisation and networking related support to Clean Air & Clean Energy Programme, and further help Campaign team on developing long-term engagement plans & strategies in Jharkhand. Moreover, this position will also lend support to other programs relevant at Hindi heartland (namely state of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Delhi and Jharkhand) and provide public engagement support, and regularly update and advise to Senior Management of the organisation including the CEO.
- Create and execute communication and outreach plan with the program team for respective initiatives/projects and support / implement Online and Off-line mobilisation campaigning
- Actively engage in volunteer recruitment, training, communication & development and implement a periodic calendar of local campaign activities to keep volunteers motivated to support our work
- Maintain rapport and contacts with a range of stakeholder e.g. governments representatives/agencies, civil society, media, education institutions, celebrities/social influencers
- Strengthen the organisation’s branding through innovative campaign, niche outreach and public engagement techniques
- Engage ‘influencer/champions’ from social and cultural fields in variety of civic engagement activities and help schedule meetings with key decision makers as and when needed
- Identify partners and opportunities to amplify the campaign and strengthen the supporter base and program goals of CEED
- Identifying and partnering with government institutions, leading schools, colleges, municipal corporations/Urban Local Bodies, RWA, slum communities and CSO partners
- To manage to get testimonials from celebrities, government representatives, Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs), corporate, communities, students group, and CSOs
- Documentation/reporting of the task and manage daily WhatsApp groups/messaging to conduct volunteer meetings/training/motivation/boot camp
- Manage all logistics work including permission, scouting and risk assessment of engagement activities in various parts and forums in the city
- Managing logistic tasks around conducting public engagement activities through creating and implementing a periodic calendar to boost CEED’s visibility
- Write blogs and provide regular content for the website/social media for each activity/programme
- Adopt trending ideas and successful branding of outreach materials and channels used by organisations across the sectors.
- Support and assist in implementing community outreach efforts to enhance the branding of CEED and represent the organisation in public fora
- Contribute to the development of the campaign e.g. participate in campaign planning process, crafting or commenting on project proposals and consultation documents, participating in brainstorms sessions and daily/weekly meetings
Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or marketing communication from a reputed institute.
Work Experience and Competencies:
- At least 2 years of professional experience with a campaign organisation as a mobiliser, creating volunteer groups or grassroot campaigning groups or similar profile.
- Self starter, outgoing and abilities to mingle/build rapport with crowd/target audience
- Knowledge of modern campaigning tools and techniques (theatre, public communication and visual art), and ability to build people-power
- Sound understanding of the clean air and clean energy scenario or sustainable environment/sustainable development goals. etc
Salary is negotiable and at par with the Industry.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their latest Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and writing samples/research articles/publications (in one PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application to the Outreach & Public Engagement Coordinator post’ in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by us.