Job Title: Content Writer
Location: Ranchi (Jharkhand)
Reporting Person: Director-Communications, CEED
This role is required to initiate and execute Communication, Advocacy and Networking based tasks and provide analytical and research related support to the Program and Campaign team on developing long-term Comms and Advocacy plans & strategies in Jharkhand. Moreover, this position will lend support to other programs relevant at Hindi heartland (namely states of Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Bihar and Jharkhand) and provide regular Communication, Networking and Advocacy related legislative insights and updates, and advise to Senior Management of the organisation including Director-Program and CEO.
- Prepare and provide all communications and advocacy related content support through drafting of press release/invite/newsletter/IEC materials; assisting in media pitch such as Op-ed / features stories/web story;
- Undertake a range of task related to Translation of contents/reports/briefs in Hindi and English and documentation of the project activities
- Assist and manage all the stages of CEED’s research publication as per relevant editorial, design and print vendors; manage the publications inventory.
- Conceptualise and develop clear and engaging infographics to showcase data in print and on social media.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors (designers, data visualisers, printers, photographers/videographers) to ensure communication collaterals are produced within given timelines and all requirements are communicated to the vendors in a timely manner.
- Study and adopt contemporary communication and data visualisation trends and produce communication collaterals to specific briefs.
- To coordinate digital output and engagement across channels, creating regular content, sourcing external content and working with staff to incubate and support the creation of content.
- Provide help in organising press conferences/press meet, communication workshop.
- To develop an understanding of, and exposure to, the roles that science, politics, economics, industry, media and social change play and their strategic implications on program and campaigning through interactions with team members and training.
- Develop a sufficient knowledge of campaign issues and a strong understanding of CEED’s positions on specific issues.
- Adapt to and deal with changing circumstances and strict deadlines and be willing to work individually and in a diverse team.
- Applicants must have a Masters’ degree in Journalism /Mass Communication/Function English/English or in a relevant field such as Development Studies from a reputed institute with good grades;
- Demonstrable experience in documentation, translation and content development in Hindi & English with producing high quality media and communication materials, project briefs and papers, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in producing communication pieces, magazines, writing and proofing and comm materials from ideation to final product in social development sector/environmental/energy think tanks/groups/non-profit sector
- Sound understanding of the clean air and clean energy scenario such as National Clean Air Program, National Solar Mission, Just Transition and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Ability to work proactively and independently and collaborate with a distributed team of professionals, including consultants and matrixed staff;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English and Hindi;
- A strong design sense for print and digital and an eye for data visualisation and infographic making.
- The ability to research and digest best-of-class communication ideas as well as the knowledge to liaison with third-party vendors.
Salary is negotiable and at par with the Industry.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their latest Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and writing samples/research articles/publications (in one PDF) to email@example.com with ‘Application to the Content Writer post’ in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by us.